Healthy LIving: A Complete Lifestyle Change for Summer
Summer’s Coming! Enjoy It Like Never Before
The pending arrival of summer is a prime opportunity to take a little lifestyle assessment. The weather is getting nicer, we are free of our bulky winter clothes, and there are lots of opportunities for outdoor fun and activities. Get ready to move around more and enjoy the outdoors with friends and family. Now is a good time to consider some of these easy and fun ways to add healthier living habits to your life.
It’s the perfect time of year to add more activity to your daily routine. The goal is to get your body moving again. More sunlight in the AM and PM makes it easier to add a variety of outdoor activities to your daily agenda.
take a walk: it’s a great way to move your body, de-stress, and get some quality time with others (family, your neighbors, your dog) and/or get some quality “me-time”
rediscover outdoor play-time with your kids or some pals: throw a frisbee, play catch, ride bikes, shoot some hoops
get back to outdoor sports: tennis, golf, softball leagues, swimming
other outdoor activities are fun, too: gardening, outdoor home improvement projects, washing the car yourself
Summer is also a great time of year to make the switch to healthier eating habits. The options for tasty fruits and vegetables are almost limitless and lighter food preparations like grilling and eating salads just make sense. Make some easy changes to your diet:
- replace junk food snacks with healthy ones like fruits, cut up veggies, and nuts
- make stops at farmer’s markets and farm stands part of your routine and try new things in your nightly salad or on the grill
- make easy and light marinades of olive oil, fresh herbs, and citrus juices for lean proteins cooked on the grill
- stay hydrated with sugar-free drinks like iced teas (try herbal teas for a change) and water flavored with slices of cucumber or citrus fruit
A healthy diet could not only help you look better, it can help you feel better. A healthy diet could help provide back pain relief. With the abundance of farmer's markets in Fort Wayne during the Summer, healthy eating is even easier!
The slower pace of Summertime is a also good opportunity to take a fresh look at your priorities. It’s time to shake off the doldrums and stress of winter and think about what matters to you, things like:
- lower stress: add stress reducing activities to your routine, like yoga, meditation and/or regular exercise
- better relationships: make goals for yourself and your family to enjoy each other more; reconnect with friends
- more fun: consider things you used to enjoy doing — why don’t you still do them?
- strength and health: listen to and look at your body and assess if it helps or hinders you in pursuing the things you enjoy
If chronic or frequently recurring neck pain or back pain is a part of your life that is keeping you from doing the things you enjoy, we invite you to visit our Fort Wayne chiropractic clinic to learn how Dr. Busch and the team at the Busch Chiropractic Pain Center can help you live a more enjoyable, pain-free lifestyle. Our patient-focused approach to pain relief and overall health can help you make this the best Summer ever!
in Generalcomments powered by Disqus