Minimize Back Pain During the Holidays
Over exertionand the emotional stress of the Holidays can increase back pain. Follow these tips to help avoid back pain during the Holidays.
- Lift heavy gifts and objects with your knees, not your back.
- Stand on a stool or chair to hang holiday decorations or to reach for items. Stretching your back too far beyond its limits can strain your back.
- Ask for help in the kitchen to avoid standing for extended periods of time. Stand on a cushioned mat as much as possible when in the kitchen to absorb some of the shock.
- Where comfortable shoes when shopping and standing for long periods of time.
- Don't try to carry too many bags at a time when shopping. Make several trips to the car to drop off bags to relieve extra weight on your back.
From all of us at Busch Chiropractic in Fort Wayne, we wish you a healthy, pain-free Holiday season!
in Generalcomments powered by Disqus