April Showers Bring May Allergies
Unfortunately, for millions of people, the end of winter means the beginning of allergy season. You want to finally get outside and enjoy the sunshine and warm weather, but with all of the blossoming trees and flowers, the discomfort of seasonal allergies makes you feel miserable. We feel your pain!
Interestingly, patients frequently tell us that the chiropractic treatment they are receiving for pain-related issues has also helped to relieve their suffering of seasonal allergies. This is not that surprising considering that chiropractic care is about treating the whole body. It focuses on healing all of the body’s systems through the strengthening of your body’s core “communication” system — the spinal column and all of the nerves that communicate from the brain to the rest of the body. Chiropractic treatments alleviate pressure and pain in the nervous system. A well-functioning nervous system helps the immune system operate at its best. You may see a chiropractor to treat a specific pain issue, such as chronic back pain, neck pain, or knee pain, but the treatment you receive is also helping your whole body function at its optimal level. A strong, healthy body is better able to combat “attacks” on your immune system from allergies, colds and the like. If you're still suffering from allergies, here are some other ways to help relieve them.
Ways to Relieve Allergies Naturally
- Saline nasal sprays restore moisture to dry sinuses and cleanse bacteria from nasal passages
- HEPA Filters- High-efficiency filters help trap allergens and purify air
- Supplements such as echinacea, vitamin C, local honey, and grape seed extract have been used to help treat allergies. There's no scientific study to prove that they work, but if you're suffering with allergies, they may be worth a try!
- Taking a shower after being outdoors helps to remove allergens from the skin. The steam from a hot shower can also help clear and moisten nasal passages.
- Essential oils such as eucalyptus oil have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help you breathe easier
Don't let your allergies take the joy out of Spring. Enjoy life — and Springtime — again.
in Generalcomments powered by Disqus