How to Relieve Back Pain Without Drugs
Back Pain: Are Drugs the Only Answer?
Back pain is one of the most common medical afflictions around. About 80% of the population will suffer from back pain at some time. It may seem like the obvious treatment is to reach for over-the-counter pain killers or get a stronger pain med prescription from your doctor. But, painkillers don't actually relieve the pain, they only mask and. And, the side effects of OTC meds and the highly addictive nature of pain med prescriptions should make you think twice before turning to them. There are healthier, more effective, and less addictive ways to deal with back pain.
First, some quick suggestions on how to prevent or alleviate acute back pain:
- back-friendly sleep: use a quality mattress, avoid sleeping on your stomach; use pillows to align your knees and elbows
- stretch: every day; first thing when you get up; prior to (and after) any strenuous activity
- driving positions matter: adjust your seat so your knees are level with or below your hips; don’t lean forward or hunch over the steering wheel; adjust your position frequently and stop often to stretch when traveling long distances
- sit smart at work: adjust your seat or use a small pillow to support your lumbar spine; set your computer at a height that does not strain your neck; get up and move around frequently
- don’t overstrain doing house projects: warm up first; practice good lifting techniques (use your legs, not your back); ask for help
When back pain occurs, the American Chiropractic Association reminds us that “Chiropractors are well-trained professionals who provide patients with safe, effective care for a variety of common conditions. Their extensive education has prepared them to identify patients who have special risk factors and to get those patients the most appropriate care.”
Drug-Free Chronic Back Pain Treatment in Fort Wayne
Chiropractic care is widely recognized for being safe, drug-free and non-invasive. Dr. Busch of the Busch Chiropractic Pain Center in Fort Wayne has treated thousands of patients seeking relief from chronic low back pain and other chronic pain conditions and believes strongly in a drug-free, hands-on, customized treatment for each patient. Often patients come to him after having tried a variety of medications, even epidurals and back surgery.
Dr. Busch is renowned for his DRS Protocol, a safe and proven alternative to back surgery and/or the use of pain medications. Contact our office today at (260) 471-4090 to learn more about drug-free back pain treatment.
in Generalcomments powered by Disqus