5 Signs You May Have Sciatica
5 Signs of Sciatica
What is Sciatica?
The sciatic nerve runs from the lower back down the length of the back of each leg. It is the longest nerve in the body, and controls the muscles of the lower leg and sensations in the thighs, legs and soles of the feet. "Sciatica" refers to a set of painful symptoms that result from irritation to the nerve root. Sciatica pain can begin slowly but intensify over time.
Most Common Symptoms of Sciatica
The most common signs or symptoms of Sciatica are:
1) pain that radiates along the nerve -- from the lower back and down one leg
2) a mild tingling or burning sensation down one leg
3) a sharp pain after sneezing, coughing, bending, standing-up or other sudden movement
4) numbness, or a “pins-and-needles” feeling in the toes or foot
5) pain in the lower back, buttocks or leg that worsens while sitting
How to Avoid Sciatic Pain
It may not be possible to prevent Sciatica, but these lifestyle changes may help:
- avoid back strain -- lift things properly!
- maintain your ideal weight
- eat a healthy diet
- exercise regularly
- practice good posture
- quit smoking
Fort Wayne Chiropractor, Richard E. Busch III of Busch Chiropractic, believes strongly in personalized "Patient-Centered Healthcare". Dr. Busch will complete a thorough diagnosis to understand your specific pain issues and recommend non-surgical treatment to relieve the root causes of the problem.
To treat pain caused by sciatica, or any other chronic pain you or a loved one is experiencing, contact Busch Chiropractic today. Their caring and experienced team is committed to helping you find relief from your pain and quickly get on the road to recovery. Call us at 1.888.471.4090 or schedule an appointment online today.
in Generalcomments powered by Disqus